Our department practises all examinations, diagnostics and therapy of infectious diseases, provides consultation activity in this branch mainly in antiinfective therapy sphere, insures wide dispensatory health care for convalescents and patients with suspicion of infectious disease origin, creates special advisory rooms for select groups of diseases.
- Infectious Diseases
- Travel Medicine
- situations after tick and other insect biting, their examinations, diagnostics and treatment including patients with Lyme disease, causal infusion therapy (no meningitis or encephalitis suspicion), the examinations for all types of neuroviruses etc. Ticks can transfer these diseases: - Lyme disease, - Ehrlichiosis, - Tularemia, - Tick-borne encephalitis, - Babesiosis, - Relapsing fever, - Mediterranean spotted fever, - African tick typhus, - Rocky Mt.spotted fever, - Colorado tick fever, - Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, - Tick paralysis
- the examination, diagnostics and treatment of respiratory system diseases including Mycoplasma and Chlamydia infections, tonsillitis (angina) and another diseases inclusive their ambulatory causal therapy
- diarrhoeal diseases viral, bacterial and parasite etiology (no expressive hypotensive patients, with expressive dehydration, febrile status with other metabolic complicating diseases)
- the examination, diagnostics and treatment of anthropozoonoses (diseases transferable from animals to human)
- diseases caused by herpes viruses including herpes zoster-varicella virus, herpes simplex virus inclusive causal antiviral therapies, diseases by EB virus, CM virus, etc.
- exanthema´s diseases including erysipelas from purulent cutaneous illnesses
- urinary infections
- the examinations of the most sexually transmitted diseases:
viral – HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, D, hepatitis A (oral-anal contact), genital herpes, CMV
bacterial – syphilis, chlamydia infections, during anal contact – salmonella, shigella etc, mycoplasma, gramnegative aerobic and anaerobic infections
cytozoon infections – giardiasis, cryptosporidiosis, amebiasis, isosporosis etc.
- the examinations, differential diagnostics of lymphatic ganglions syndrome and therapy according to etiology agent
- the examinations, differential diagnostics and therapy of indefinite etiology subfebrile statuses
- analysis of animal injuries statuses including antirabic postexposure vaccination and situations after injuries by contaminated syringe needle
- the examinations of blood donors, i.v.drug users, patients after repeated blood transfusions, parenteral interventions etc.
- the possibility of examinations also acute statuses
- medical examinations before foreign travel for individual or institutions valid in foreign countries
- the examinations for travellers after their arrival from foreign countries
- the issue all types of certificates for foreign countries
- vaccination of persons by all types of vaccines before their travel to foreign countries including also rabies prophylaxis
- malaria prophylaxis according to country, region, area, city etc.
- total detailed advisory service including information about actual risks of infections in separate countries also nearly before departure to abroad
- detailed recommendation what kinds of medicaments you have to take along
- insect repellents for unprotected body parts, for clothing, travelling equipment etc.
- preparatives for water treatment
- another travel specialties
- vaccination for individual prevention according to persons requests, vaccination for precaution of infections (for example against influenza, tick-borne encephalitis, pneumococ. infection etc.)
- the examinations, diagnostics and therapy of patients with increased liver enzymes level (no patient with icterus)
- hepatopathia of indefinite etiology
- hyperbilirubinemia, the examination, differential diagnostics, monitoring
- autoimmune hepatitis
- the examination, observation and treatment viral hepatitis
- hepatopathia during other types of infectious diseases accompanied by potentially hepatotropic viruses
- hepatopathia metabolic, alcoholic, chemical, ionising radiation etiology etc.